Sony has made its first foray into the rapidly growing multimedia camera market with the small and stylish PM1
The Sony MSH-PM1 can take 5mp still photos or 1080p full HD video at 30fps, with stereo sound, both at the touch of a button, while a Sharemark button marks selected clips and photos for one-touch uploading to the web later on.
The Sony PM1 features a 47mm/57mm equivalent lens (in 16:9 / 4:3 aspect ratios respectively) which swivels 270 degrees to enable users to film themselves as ell as the action. Zooming is possible using a 4x digital zoom.
Picture Motion browser software is built into the camera, enabling one touch uploading to YouTube and Picasa from any PC it is connected to, while users can also upload files simply to other social media sites such as Facebook.
The Sony PM1 uses Memory Stick PRO Duo cards for storage and also features a USB port for cable-based connection.
The camera is designed for quick, one-touch recording of both stills or video, which can be reviewed on the 1.8” screen and marked for uploading via the Sharemark button. Small enough to fit in a pocket and weighing just 120g the camera is designed for easy portability.
The Sony PM1 is available only in orange and is available now at around £170.
• 5 megapixel still images (CMOS sensor)
• 1440x 1080p HD video (MPEG-4) at 30fps and stereo
• 270° swivel lens, switches camera on when rotated
• Pocket size (24x103x55mm)
• Sharemark button for quick web uploads
• Built-in Picture motion browser software
• One click buttons for YouTube and Picasa
• 47mm equivalent f/3.6 lens with 4x digital zoom
• 1.8” LCD screen with 230k resolution
• 1/2.5” CMOS imaging sensor
• 4 Scene modes plus Auto
• Records onto Memory Stick PRO Duo media
• Weighs just 120g with battery
Images of the Sony PM1
Watch our Hands-on Video Preview of the Sony PM1
Press Release from Sony
Share life’s moments online with web-ready Mobile HD Snap Camera from Sony
New MHS-PM1 Camera provides quick photo and video uploads to the web
• High quality photo and video capabilities (captures 5MP still images and records 1080p HD video in MP4 format)
• Individual ‘MOVIE’ and ‘STILL’ buttons for quick capture
• Quick and easy Web uploads through Sharemark button and built-in Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software
• Unique 270 degree swivel lens instantly switches on camera when rotated
• Ultra-compact and easy to carry in your bag or pocket
The stylish MHS-PM1 Mobile HD Snap Camera from Sony makes it easy to capture and upload high quality videos quickly to the web. The PM1 captures life’s moments in 1080/30p High Definition MP4 video (1440×1080/30p) and features CMOS Sensor technology to produce crisp 5-megapixel still photos. Embedded PMB Portable view-and-share software makes it possible to quickly check and directly upload content in a few simple clicks on Windows/Mac OS*1.
The compact, lightweight camera fits naturally in the palm and can be taken virtually anywhere. A 270 degree rotating swivel lens, with 4x digital zoom, flips over so you can see yourself while shooting video and taking photos.
Five scene selection modes – auto, sports, landscape, low light, and backlight – help you capture the best picture possible in any situation, and dedicated record and photo capture buttons means that there is no need to switch between modes. Images are recorded directly to Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media (optional).
After shooting, you can mark your favourite photo or videos by using the Sharemark button to pre-select for web upload. By just connecting the camera to your computer via the supplied USB cable, the inbuilt PMB Portable software quickly transfers content to video and photosharing websites (compatible with both Windows/Mac OS*1). It includes direct upload to Picasa™ Web Albums photo sharing site, YouTube™ and Dailymotion™ video sharing sites. You can also simply drag and drop video and still images files to your personal computer folders.
The PM1 is available now.
Full Specification of the Sony PM1: