Nikon D3100 – Specification
Specification for Nikon D3100
- 14.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor delivers lifelike images with vivid colors, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations.
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- High ISO (100-3200) light sensitivity – extendable up to 12800: features an Auto ISO setting and is manually extendable up to ISO 12800 using the Hi2 setting. Enables faster shutter speeds, significantly reducing the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
- GUIDE mode: quick and easy-to-use in-camera assistance. Asks you about the picture you want to take and automatically optimizes settings for superior results. Sample images appear on the display to show you what will happen to your image if you apply the suggested settings.
- D-Movie – full HD (1920 x 1080) movie clips: record beautiful high-definition (HD) movie clips with sound. The camera’s large image sensor and high ISO sensitivity offer exceptional image quality. NIKKOR lenses can be used to obtain cinematic effects and you can make simple edits of your clips in-camera by deleting scenes or saving specific frames as still images.
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector: makes it easy to compose images using the LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture, and Fulltime servo AF (AF-F) mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button.
- Large 7.5 cm (3-inch), high-resolution LCD monitor makes it easy to view essential camera information, and a pleasure to review and edit your photos and movies.
- Razor-sharp 11-point Autofocus system offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame. Four AF-area modes, including 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-center, moving fast or completely unpredictable.
- Active D-Lighting automatically retains details in highlights and shadows for stunning images with natural contrast.
- Picture Controls lets you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot. Choose from six settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape.
- Extensive in-camera editing functions let you edit and enhance images and movies in the camera. Offers techniques such as Red-Eye Correction and Quick Retouch, as well as a range of Filter Effects.
- Dual Integrated dust reduction system: Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera’s image sensor for clear, spot-free images.
- Lightweight body and superior ergonomics: a secure grip makes the camera comfortable to handle. Dedicated controls for frequently used functions like Live View, D-Movie and shutter release make it a joy to operate.