Submit a photo into our Autumn contest and you could get your shot printed in the magazine
Submit a photo into our Autumn contest and you could get your shot printed in the magazine plus win an Olympus mju Tough 6010
This competition is now closed. The winners will be announced shortly. Look out for the Winter competition – coming soon!
To have your Autumn photograph considered for publication in What Digital Camera magazine add it to our Gallery or Flickr group, and then post the image in our Autumn forum.
The winning image will appear in What Digital Camera magazine, plus the winner will recieve and an Olympus mju Tough 6010 and 10 free copies to give to their friends and family. We may also publish some of the shortlisted entries, dependent on space avilable in the magazine. All images will be credited, and copyright will remain with the photographer.
Closing date 5 November.
How to enter:
Entries should be uploaded to our Gallery or Flicker group and then embedded in our forum here.
See tips on how to shoot Autumn pictures
Want some help with entering? Step by step instructions are below.
Step 1. Register with What Digital Camera
– Visit our registration page here
– Fill out all of the questions
– We will send you an email you need to click on to complete your registration
When you have registered you will be given a login that works for both the forum and gallery.
Submit a post to our Autumn competition forum
– Start a new post and embed your image in your post
If you’re not sure how to embed an image, directions for how to do this from our gallery and Flickr are below…
Using the What Digital Camera gallery to embed an image in the forum
– Go to the add photo page here
– Fill in all the details
– Your image will then be added to the gallery
– When you are looking at your image in the gallery, scroll down to the bottom of the page, you should see an option that says: “Direct Link Code:”. Copy this code
– When writing your forum post, click on the little yellow icon with the picture of a mountain
– Paste the code in the box that appears.
Using Flickr to embed an image in the forum
– On Flickr, you’ll need to register if you haven’t already
– Join our group at http://www.flickr.com/groups/whatdigitalcamera/.
– Add the image you want to enter to our group and tag it with the word ‘Autumn’
– When you are looking at your image on Flickr click on the drop down named ‘share this’
– You’ll see a bit of code, appears. Click on the button marked ‘BB code’ to get the right code. Copy this, and you can then paste this code into your forum post.
If you have any problems entering the competition email Karen_sheard@ipcmedia.com
See tips on how to shoot Autumn pictures
– Photos must be added to our image gallery or added to our Flickr group and then embedded into our Autumn photographs contest forum, by adding a new a forum post.
– You can enter a maximum of 3 photos
– Photos must not previously have been published in a national UK photography magazine.
– Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by What Digital Camera, in connection with the promotion of the competition and as part of the prize.
– The winning images will be published in an issue of What Digital Camera magazine. A high resolution, CMYK copy of the winning image of at least 300dpi and 2000 pixels wide will be required in order to publish the image in the magazine. If you are a winner, we will notify you by the email you used to register on our forum. If, after 7 days of our sending notification you have not been able to supply the file required we will offer the prize to someone else.
– What Digital Camera may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
– All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
– Employees of IPC Media, and their families, may not enter this competition. Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered to the prizes or overall prize. No money can be added to the overall prize.
– The winners will be chosen by the editor. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine. The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 28 days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within 28 days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.