This competition has now closed and is being judged. Come back later to see which photo won!
This competition is now closed. We will update this page with the winning photo once a winner has been announced.
What was this competition about?
What do I have to do?
Get snapping and take an adorable, creative, funny or loveable picture of your pet – then upload it to our gallery for your chance to win this smart little compact from Ricoh – boasting 10MP and 10 x Zoom.
Ricoh’s CX3 boasts Beauty, Creativity. Ease. Fun and Sleek Design. It features HD Video Capture and offers greater image quality in low light scenes with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor. The “scene auto mode” will switch to the optimum shooting settings – get the shot you want with high-speed continuous shooting functions capable of high image quality. Dynamic range double shot mode makes it possible to record images with an almost naked-eye impression, and new detailed settings have been added to control the dynamic range expansion effect. As well as a new noise reduction function, the new “pets mode” turns off the flash, AF auxiliary light, and operation sounds to avoid startling a pet. This mode also gives priority in focusing for a cat’s face when one is detected. The 13 scene modes include “miniaturize mode” making it possible to shoot actual scenes but record images that recreate the impression given when photographing miniatures, and “high-contrast B&W mode” makes it possible to record images with a grainy feel such as that created by using ultra-high-sensitivity film in a film camera or by push processing film at the development stage.
Sensor: 10MP 1 / 2.3in backlit CMOS Sensor
Lens: 10.7 x optical zoom; 28-300mm
LCD: 3in 920k-dot VGA LCD Screen
More details about the Ricoh CX3 can be found Here
Just take a picture of your pet and upload to the gallery for your chance to win!
Competition closes: 31 October 2010
– Entrants should upload photographs to the Pet Photo Competition gallery as a jpeg, preferably sRGB, no more than 1,000 pixels along its longest dimension, in colour or black & white. The file name of your image must be your first and surnames.
– Photos must not previously have been published in a national UK photography magazine.
– Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by What Digital Camera or Ricoh, in connection with the promotion of the competition, for a period of no more than five years.
– What Digital Camera may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
– All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
– Employees of IPC Media and Ricoh, and their families, may not enter this competition. Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered to the prizes or overall prize. No money can be added to the overall prize.
– The overall winner will be chosen by the editor must claim his or her prize within four weeks of being notified. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine. The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 28 days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within 28 days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Use of entrant’s email address: when you enter this competition, your email address will be automatically added to receive the What Digital Camera newsletter, providing camera reviews, product news, techniques and competitions. Please note that you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from the email newsletter