Upgrade for Micro Four Thirds camera improves video quality and more
A new firmware upgrade for the Panasonic GH2 improves and expands the functionality of the camera, ranging from added compatibility with new lenses to an improved and expanded video mode. The updates are;
- New video mode which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate (24Mbps)
- New functional option with Power Zoom Lens ([DISP FOCAL LENGTH (Display of Focal Length)], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED] and [ZOOM RING *])
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting
- Improvement in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash
- Improvement in the AF performance in video recording
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME] New [HALF-PRESS RELEASE] function
- Improved NR(Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting
- ON/OFF control of the touch-screen
Of the new features the HD movie mode improvement is the most eye-catching giving the GH2, which was no slouch on the video front anyway, a higher quality end product.
For more information head to Panasonic’s website.