The animal photography competition asked site visitors to upload their best animal pictures. See the winning photo here.
This competition is now closed.
The winning photo from our animal photography competition has been announced. The winner is Richard Sheppard with his photo ‘Nosy Cows’. Richard wins a Nikon P7000 as well as 10 copies of the magazine that will feature his winning image.
How to enter:
What Digital Camera also has a ‘voted for by Flickr’ contest, where you can aslo get your photo printed in the magazine. Entry is now closed but you wan vote for your favourite by viewing the entries here, and adding the ones you like best to your Flickr ‘favourites’.
About the Nikon COOLPIX P7000
The Nikon COOLPIX P7000 looks like a classic, carries like a compact and handles like an SLR. Featuring wide-angle 7.1x zoom lens, 3 inch LCD screen, HD movie recording and manual controls; this high-performance compact is perfect for photographers who want to take control.
Superb image quality is guaranteed by the P7000’s wide-angle 7.1x zoom NIKKOR lens giving a 28mm to 200mm range (35mm format equivalent), with optical Vibration Reduction (VR), two ED glass elements and Nikon’s brand new EXPEED C2 image processing system.
The large 10.1 effective megapixel 1/1.7″ CCD sensor facilitates wide dynamic range and exceptional low light performance whilst the 3 inch, high resolution LCD screen assists composition, movie making and playback in brilliant detail.
The P7000 is a tidy package which has been designed for those who wish to have complete control over their photography with the familiar intuitive layout of buttons and dials found on Nikon DSLR cameras and is worth £489.99.
For more information please visit www.nikon.co.uk
– You can enter a maximum of 3 photos
– Photos must not previously have been published in a national UK photography magazine.
– Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by What Digital Camera, in connection with the promotion of the competition and as part of the prize.
– The prize is one Nikon COOLPIX P7000 (model subject to
availability). No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the
prize is not transferable.
– Nikon UK reserves the right to substitute the prize to an equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
– The winning images will be published in an issue of What Digital Camera magazine. A high resolution, CMYK copy of the winning image of at least 300dpi and 2000 pixels wide will be required in order to publish the image in the magazine. If you are a winner, we will notify you by the email you used to register on our forum. If, after 7 days of our sending notification you have not been able to supply the file required we will offer the prize to someone else.
– What Digital Camera may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
– All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
– Employees of IPC Media, and their families, may not enter this competition. Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered to the prizes or overall prize. No money can be added to the overall prize.
– The winners will be chosen by the editor. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine.
The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 7 days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within 7 days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.