Join What Digital Camera's Editor Nigel Atherton for a day of photographic guidance, alongside an Olympus expert in London.
As one of our winners, you will be given an Olympus camera to use for the day, along with a selection of Olympus lenses to try. There will be models, fantastic views and some expert photographic tips from Editor Nigel Atherton, as well as refreshments and a lovely dinner thrown in at the smart new ME Hotel, Aldwych, London - to make it an all-round fun day!
Entrants will be given a mystery photographic challenge, and the person producing the best photo portfolio of the day will see their photo featured in a double page spread Olympus ad in a later issue of What Digital Camera. The winner will also get to take home the newest launch in the Olympus family.
For your chance to enter, upload a portfolio of three photos covering the following subjects (one from each) - A Portrait, A Landscape, A Mystery Picture of your choosing.
Four readers will win this fantastic day out on Friday 26 July, and each will get a day of photographic guidance shooting in and around the Aldwych area, the loan of some Olympus cameras and lenses, light refreshments throughout the day and dinner in the evening, photo critiques, an Olympus XZ-10, a memory card, and the chance to win their picture in an Olympus ad as well as the mystery Olympus camera due to launch very soon!
Visit the What Digital Camera gallery and upload your best portrait, your best landscape and a mystery picture of your choice.
Competition closes 30 June 2013
Winners will be notified no later than 05 July 2013
You must be free to attend our Mystery Olympus day on 26 July 2013
TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW
How to enter
You can submit your three photos by uploading them to the gallery
Submit your photos to us (3 photos per person including a portrait, a landscape and a mystery photo of your choice) by 30th June 2013
Terms and conditions:
1. Photos sent in for submission must be a minimum of 800px and suitable for our gallery page.
2. The photos will be judged by the editorial team, and the editor's decision is final.
3. If you win we will contact you via email. If we do not hear from you within 7 days of correspondence, we will contact an alternative entrant and you will relinquish your prize.
4. Photos submitted must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If IPC has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this rule, your photos will NOT be considered.
5. Copyright of all entries remains with the photographer, but IPC reserves the right to use, publish and republish entries in connection with the competition, without payment. By entering this competition you grant permission to IPC to reproduce your photos in electronic format and hard copy, in IPC's What Digital Camera magazine and on IPC's websites and social media should they be selected to promote the competition.
6. You grant IPC the right to use your name and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your photos and/or as a winner or runner-up of the competition.
7. To take part in the competition, and win a camera - you must be free and attend our Olympus/ What Digital Camera Mystery day in London on 26 July 2013. Winners are responsible for their own travel to London.
8. Each winner will receive refreshments and food for the day, as well as tuition and an Olympus XZ10.
9. The overall winner judged by our editorial team and deemed to have taken the best photo of the day will win a mystery Olympus camera worth over £1000.
10. By submitting photos you are accepting these rules.
IPC Media Rules. Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competition. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners will be chosen from all entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner.
Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within seven days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within seven days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judge is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.