Win a Nikon D5000, Canon printer and Apple Macbook in our great photo competition, in association with Lost Planet 2.
Capcom's Lost Planet 2 is big. Big bugs, bigger aliens and even bigger battles. As part of a four-man team sent to seize control of a changing planet, the game pits man versus beast in spectacular fashion - with awe-inspiring vistas playing host to a range of spectacularly fearsome foe.
Remind yourself it's only a game. Or is it? Capcom wants to find the best real-life photo which plays with perspective to create the illusion of size.
Our competition asked for photos which played with perspective, ones which marry a large depth of field with playful composition to create objects out of proportion. This type of photo could be captured with anything - a mobile phone camera, or top of the range SLR.
Take a look at our Forced perspective guide to for more information.
The winner won a Complete Digital Imaging prize package worth over £2000 to include:
- A Nikon D5000 kit including an 18mm-55mm lens
- Canon PIXMA iP3600 A4 printer
- Nikon AF-S 24mm-120mm wide angle zoom lens
Apple MacBook Pro
Full terms and conditions for the Lost Planet 2 'BIG' competition.
Closing date for entries was 30 May 2010 - this competition is now closed!
- Images files should be no more than 2MB
- Max no. of entries per person: 10
- Only entries uploaded to the correct Lost Planet 2 gallery on www.whatdigitalcamera.com/Lostplanet will be entered into the competition.
- The image should be no more than 1,000 pixels along its longest edge.
- It must be a JPEG file, preferably sRGB.
- The file name must be your first name and surname.
- There will be one winner who will receive a prize package* worth £2,000 RRP including:
The winner will bag a Complete Digital Imaging prize package worth over £2000 to include:
- A Nikon D5000 kit including an 18mm-55mm lens
- Canon PIXMA iP3600 printer
- Nikon AF-S 24mm-120mm wide angle lens
Apple MacBook Pro MC374B/A laptop
*This prize is subject to availability. If the prize is unavailable at the time of awarding the competition winner, a replacement prize of the same or higher value will be provided to the winner by What Digital Camera.
- Entrants should upload photographs to the http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/lostplanet gallery as a jpeg, preferably sRGB, no more than 1,000 pixels along its longest dimension, in colour or black & white. The file name of your image must be your first and surnames.
- Photos must not previously have been published in a national UK photography magazine.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by What Digital Camera or Capcom, in connection with the promotion of the competition, for a period of no more than one years. Photos may be selected to promote the competition in other media in respect of the launch of the game (ie celebrate the launch of Lost Planet 2 and enter your photos to the What Digital Camera.com competition). All images will be credited.
- What Digital Camera may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
- All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- Employees of IPC Media, Premier PR and Capcom, and their families, may not enter this competition. Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered to the prizes or overall prize. No money can be added to the overall prize.
- The overall winner will be chosen by the editor must claim his or her prize within 28 days of being notified. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine. The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 28 days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within 28 days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Use of entrant's email address: when you enter this competition, your email address will be automatically added to receive the What Digital Camera newsletter, providing camera reviews, product news, techniques and competitions. Please note that you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from the email newsletter