Default Problem with Canon EOS 450D

My camera seems to have developed a fault that causes the image through the viewfinder to appear blurred.
    I've tried adjusting the dioptric setting wheel but this doesn't seem to have any effect.
    What can have caused this? Does it mean I need to replace my camera? Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum

Are the photos taken with the camera blurred?

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Welcome to the forum

Are the photos taken with the camera blurred?
    Hi, No, the photos are okay - it's just the image through the viewfinder which is blurred. It's very annoying. If the image through the viewfinder appears nice and sharp it gives you some confidence that the photo will be sharp too. I've spoken to Canon and they said I could send the camera to them but it may be more cost effective to replace the camera. I can't understand why this fault has occurred, the camera is well looked after and always stored in a case.

Little wheel at side of viewfinder just alter that till its set for your eyes

Images

Mark's spot on !!......there's a small wheel alongside the viewfinder that adjusts for varying eyesights !
    Just turn the adjustment while looking in the VF, until everything is sharp to your eyes...easy peasy !

Nine-point AF with centre cross-type sensors
    Four metering modes, using 35-zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.[5]
    Built-in flash
    Auto lighting optimiser
    Highlight tone priority

Quote Originally Posted by Wana5D-II View Post
    Mark's spot on !!......there's a small wheel alongside the viewfinder that adjusts for varying eyesights !
    Just turn the adjustment while looking in the VF, until everything is sharp to your eyes...easy peasy !
    why not reset to the factory settings?