Images

Default Ray ringflash adaptor

Hi .I'm looking for a ring flash for macro work .I checked out the usual ones sigma, nikon, marumi ect. I came across one i have never heard of ., It is a ray ringflash adaptor that somehow fits on to your current external flash. Does anyone know anything about them?...graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi .I'm looking for a ring flash for macro work .I checked out the usual ones sigma, nikon, marumi ect. I came across one i have never heard of ., It is a ray ringflash adaptor that somehow fits on to your current external flash. Does anyone know anything about them?...graham
    Hi Graham. The RAY FLASH RINGADAPTOR was made to fit onto the best Nikon and Canon flashguns. It has no electrical parts and works by mirrors which cleverly distribute the output from the mounted flashgun into an even flash of light. Costs nearly 200 and when it came out it got a cautious thumbs up, but the price was considered too expensive. WDC didn't like the way it could fall off if the thumbscrew wasn't tightened enough, but they were quite impressed with its performance. Hope this helps, all the best, Mike.

Images

Thanks for that Mike. Think i will have another look at the sigma and marumi...graham

Thre are actually several of these slip on ringflash adaptors around. They're a good choice if you already have a top of the range flashgun but if you don't and would have to add that to the cost then they aren't good value. The benefit is you get the power and feature set of your main flashgun, whereas budget ring flashes tend to be a bit weak and light on features. For macro work you don;t need that much power but some people like to use ring flashes for portraiture, in which case the extra power is essential.

Images

Hi I don't have a top range flash (not much of a flasher) will give the sigma serious thought. Thanks for your input...graham