Default Camera for Honeymoon

My fiancee and I are getting married in August and headed out to Sri Lanka and the Maldives for 14 nights. We're planning on doing a lot of sight seeing while in Sri Lanka and a lot of laying around on the beach while in the Maldives.

What I want from the camera is;
    - Lightweight and easy to travel with.
    - High detailed shots during the day and the night (any night pictures with our current camera don't come out at all).
    - The ability to take wide angled/panoramic shots.

I have been looking at the Sony TX5 as it seems like a nice little camera and it can be used under the water, which is a bonus for the Maldives.
    I've also been looking at some of the Nikon cameras as I've used a friends Nikon S3000 and found it much more friendly (with the display and USB charger). In particular I've looked at the S8000 and S8100.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have looked at some DSLR cameras but the whole changing of lenses puts me off DSLR cameras.

My budget is 500 max and I'd like the camera to of course last longer than just the honeymoon.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Images

A good all rounder wont do under water unless you get a case is a g11 or g12

Default Small, slim, waterproof

Hi,
    Congratulation on the wedding, you chose a great location for honeymoon,
    I think you should think practical and not technological.
    Small camera, is a camera you will carry to more places and casual events.
    Small camera you can carry in your pockets, and at warm places or beach you may prefer not to carry a camera case bag too.
    Slim camera without zoom, easy to carry not flashy when walking at local markets and restaurants. Flashy lens camera can attract pickpockets or trouble at some places..
    Waterproof can be fun, but fish photos may be boring..

Buy a second battery and extra memory card - you may be away from computer or charger and do not to be left without a camera.