The Fujifilm S200EXR is the latest edition of Fuji's popular SLR-styled range and boasts the company's latest EXR sensor, but will it tempt people away from the budget DSLRs?
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR review – Design
The S200 is designed to handle much like an SLR and both looks and feels very close to one in most respects, including weight. Some would argue this means there is no significant handling benefit over a standard DSLR, while others will like having everything in one place without needing to change lenses. Of course, should you want to progress to ultra-wideangle shots, extreme depth of field effects, or Macro you are more limited.
Handling and use is pretty decent, with a selection of shortcut buttons arranged across the body for quick access to some of the most used features. Unless you look for them, though, you may miss the white balance and burst mode buttons on the left-hand side of the body. One other niggle is the lack of an eye sensor below the viewfinder to automatically swap between LCD and EVF, as you may wish to use the EVF to compose but the LCD for reviewing and menu.
Fujifilm S200EXR Review sample image test – click for fullsize image
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR review pages:
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Introduction
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Performance review
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Image quality and value for money review
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Design
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Specifications
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Verdict
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR links from What Digital Camera.com
- Compare the Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR with other products
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR sample images
- Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR product photos