10 megapixel snapper which you can take for a swim
As well as adding to models to its new Tough range, Olympus has unveiled a new waterproof camera capable of snapping at depths down to 3m.
The µ-550WP is claimed will ‘shrug off the heaviest downpour; take snorkelling in its
stride, and even survive being dropped into the deep end of a swimming
The 10 Megapixel Olympus µ-550WP
will be available in a choice of Crystal Blue, Pure White or Midnight
Features include xD-Picture Card or a microSD Card compatiblity, an Intelligent Auto Mode which will recognise the five most commonly
encountered scenes and automatically choose the best settings for you, Face Detection Technology
and a Perfect Shot Preview.
Also worth a mention are the camera’s 6.4cm LCD screen, 3x optical zoom as well as Digital Image Stabilisation abilities.
It will be in shops from February but we don’t have a price as yet.
The Olympus µ-550WP features:
- Waterproof to 3m
- Available in Crystal Blue, Pure White or Midnight Black
- 3x optical zoom (38-114 mm 35mm equivalent
- Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five
most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure
- 10 Megapixels to make prints up to poster-size
- Digital Image Stabilisation for less blur
- 6.4cm/2.5 inch LCD (230,000 dots)
- Face Detection for perfectly focused and exposed faces
- 17 shooting modes
- Movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Cardcompatible