Adobe has announced that it has developed Photoshop Touch so that it's now compatible with smartphones. Adobe Photoshop Touch was originally released for tablets, however, this latest release brings it to a new audience, such as those using iPhones, iPod touch, and Android smart phones.
Adobe's Vice president for Creative Media Solutions says "Mobile phones are increasingly becoming the primary tool for people to take and edit photos. Adobe is dedicated to serving our customers' evolving creative workflow and we heard, loud and clear, that Photoshop fans wanted some core Adobe imaging magic on their smartphones."
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers powerful new capabilities for smartphone users, including:
- Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and colour adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud with free 2GB of storage
A couple of screengrabs taken from Adobe Photoshop Touch on an iPhone.
Photoshop Touch for phone is integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud and includes access to 2GB of Creative Cloud storage with a free account. Users can sync photos and projects to Creative Cloud, and then continue working with the files from a tablet or Photoshop desktop software.
Available now, Photoshop Touch can be purchased from the Apple App Store and Google Play for £2.99. For iOS devices, the app requires iOS 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation; Android phones must run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.