Video cameras on DSLRs - Group Test of video modes
- Fri, 26 Mar 2010
A video camera is no longer an extra feature to be occasionally used on a DSLR, being elevated to the status of purchasing point. Whether the camera has 1080p Full HD, stereo sound, the ability to support an external mic and which AV sockets are available become important points for the budding videographer. Each DSLR approaches the subject from a different angle, making it all the more important to chose not only a model carefully, but the manufacturer as well.
For this test we've chosen six top cameras with the ability to shoot HD video, ranging from full-frame pro models down to beginner models. Each video camera test is designed to press the video mode to the limits, offering a chance to show off how well movement can be tracked, and the quality of colour and exposure. Sound will also be assessed, and the results of each test can be found on the following pages of this video camera tests article. Each model will then be either recommended or dismissed as to the all-round final results, showing you the best DSLR camera for digital video.
This article has more pages:
- 1. Video cameras on DSLRs - Group Test of video modes
- 2. Video cameras on DSLRs - Nikon D5000
- 3. Video cameras on DSLRs - Canon EOS 500D
- 4. Video cameras on DSLRs - Pentax K-7
- 5. Video cameras on DSLRs - Panasonic GH1
- 6. Video cameras on DSLRs - Nikon D300s
- 7. Video cameras on DSLRs - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- 8. Video cameras on DSLRs - Video Quality
- 9. Video cameras on DSLRs - Sound Quality
- 10. Video cameras on DSLRs - The Verdict