This competition is now closed.
The winner will get their shot printed in the magazine plus win a Ricoh CX4
Look out for the next photo competition, coming soon!
The winning image will appear in What Digital Camera magazine, plus the winner will recieve and aRicoh CX4 and 10 free copies to give to their friends and family. We may also publish some of the shortlisted entries, dependent on space avilable in the magazine. All images will be credited, and copyright will remain with the photographer.
This competition is now closed
We also ran a ‘voted for by Flickr’ contest, that people entered, by adding an image to our Flickr group and tagging it ‘Winter’. See our Flickr group to view the winning photo.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 photos
- Photos must not previously have been published in a national UK photography magazine.
– Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by What Digital Camera, in connection with the promotion of the competition and as part of the prize.
– The winning images will be published in an issue of What Digital Camera magazine. A high resolution, CMYK copy of the winning image of at least 300dpi and 2000 pixels wide will be required in order to publish the image in the magazine. If you are a winner, we will notify you by the email you used to register on our forum. If, after 7 days of our sending notification you have not been able to supply the file required we will offer the prize to someone else.
- What Digital Camera may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
– All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
– Employees of IPC Media, and their families, may not enter this competition. Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered to the prizes or overall prize. No money can be added to the overall prize.
– The winners will be chosen by the editor. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine. The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed via email. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 28 days of email sent, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted within 28 days, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant chosen. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.