Leading photobook producer Blurb has set up a 'pop-up' store in London in November for a free festival of bookmaking peppered with numerous top photographer guests
Announcement from Blurb…
Blurb, the creative publishing and marketing platform, is hosting a 12-day pop-up event in London from 3-14 November. Providing workshops and seminars from internationally acclaimed photographers, this 12-day event will kick-off on 3rd November with the Photography Book Now Gala, an exhibition of the winning portfolio books from this year’s competition.
Each day of the Blurb pop-up store will host a different theme and associated seminars and workshops. From photography and portfolios to design, fashion, fundraising books and more, Blurb’s pop-up store tutorials will be packed with great tips on how to take stunning images, with insight from world-class photographers, including Martin Hartley, who documents some of the most inaccessible places on Earth, and wildlife photographer Daisy Gilardini. Attendees can also hear from photography self-publishing experts ACB Cooperative and Self Publish, Be Happy as well as enjoy and inspirational talk from Magnum photographer Peter Marlow.
Blurb’s pop-up store on Newman Street is the ideal opportunity to get involved and showcase your own work, or create a one-of-a-kind gift. Whether you’re thinking of making a personalized wedding album, or a cookbook, drop into 22 Newman Street, W1T1PH, London, to get inspired.
Workshop sessions to look out for include:
• Portrait photography & bookmaking
• Top tips for taking better travel photos
• Inspirational talk from award-winning photographer Daisy Gilardini
• Bookmaking class: travel
• Inspirational talk and top tips from Martin Hartley
• Self-publishing debate with guest panelist Bruno Ceschel, founder of Self Publish, Be Happy
• Top tips on self-publishing with insight from Jonathan Lewis of ABC Cooperative
• Inspirational talk from Magnum photographer Peter Marlow
For more details on the different events at Blurb on Newman Street, and to RSVP for the photography workshops, visit http://www.blurb.com/events/londonpopup