Palm House Kew Gardens

Added by southpole
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 520 [+] Larger Image  
 
Filmstrip 
‹‹Rhigos Road   Dundry Church  Palm House Kew Gardens  The Slow Lane

  Description for Palm House Kew Gardens

Description by southpole

southpole

The Palm House was built by architect Decimus Burton and iron-maker Richard Turner between 1844 and 1848, and was the first large-scale structural use of wrought iron. The structure's panes of glass are all hand-blown.

Comments for Palm House Kew Gardens (0)