Brazilian photographer Guilherme Junior has won the World Photography Campaign Award 2010 for ‘Twisters’, which depicted fans of the football team Flamengo. The image was taken during a charity match between current and former players in December last year.

“This female fan epitomises football’s energy and passion. She is singled out from the rest of the crowd through her ‘over-the-top’ celebratory jump, and therefore as one with the team. She has channeled all her energy into that explosive reaction. Her face is pure joy” said renown sports photographer Delly Carr, who was on the panel for the competition.

Guillherme Junior said “My happiness at the moment I was told about this award was greater than I can describe.  I cannot wait to tell my friends, teachers and mentors who always believed in my talent.  I am grateful to the contest organizers and the World Photography Organisation for the opportunity to participate and for giving me this honour” after learning of his triumph. The prizes include two tickets to the 2010 World Cup, a Sony DSLR and lens and two VIP tickets to the Sony World Photography Awards Gala in Cannes.

Further information about the Sony World Photography Awards can be found at www.worldphotographyawards.org

1. 1. Introduction
  2. 2. Press Release
Page 1 of 2 - Show Full List