Thread: Spam

Images

Default Spam

i'm noticing a influx of spam today watch your servers guys...it looks like a start by a spamming society or similar, maybe nothing but spam but just be aware.

i cant find a report thread button to raise alarm to these useless posts and threads

What you don't see is the SPAM we clear from the forum every day, sadly it's nothing new.

However, if you do spot any that hasn't yet been dealt with just click on the 'Report Post' icon ().
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Images

I bet theres loads, pointless threads, very cheeky really

thanks

Images

Default Spam offering hosting...

Yeah, I just received this today from the member Shareitnows:

Send a message via ICQ to Shareitnows
    Default Motion Sharing Free 1GB File Hosting!
    New Free Hosting 1GB Service!

[URL removed]

Join US! Free / FAST File hosting!

NO Advertising or so! Free For Ever! NO LIMIT!

I guess all we can do is notify the the mods when this occurs, it helps everybody.
    Last edited by TheFatControlleR; 04-02-10 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Remove the oxygen of publicity...

Images

OK Luis, he won't be doing that again.

Yeah I got that one as well.

Images

this spam is now taking over the site, every section has it in all threads, please ban thier ip's , ive reported them all, which i will add has taken ages due to the 60 sec thing, if you remove that i will gladly, every day, report all this c**p before you guys wake up,!!

It begs the question as to why they even bother, is there anything you can put in place, like code tags for links? as the hotlinking will then be rendered useles, this works well on forums

a bot can do the above

Just means members will have to copy and paste links though which is extra hassle, but effective

love you

shaun2k

Whilst we very much appreciate you reporting spam, please a) don't report every single post of the same user (creating more SPAM in our email inboxes, 24 emails from you this today, when two would have achieved the same result), one reported post per user is sufficient, and b) thanks for your insight but we have our own spam handling policies.

Thank you.
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Images

I know what your saying, i really do, and i take it that, by reporting only one of their threads, it will bring to light his name to which you can act..point taken, i now understand, and i apologise.

I work evenings, so when i get to come on the forum at around 12-2am i get greeted by it all, and it's very off putting when trying to seek new posts and comments, and you have to admit (yes i'm sticking my neck out here) that for a site of this stature, its very disturbing to see ti**ies, p*s*y, and other sexually natured ads in the forum regardless of the time of day/night.

And i think that's a fair comment imo

I think this will be a buzzing forum, with lots of activity, and you have a good crowd here already.

I have adhd, so it means when i hyperfocus on something i get real buzybody with it, and the forum gives me a place where i can answer way too many threads, and stick my ore in whilst spending hours here..but dont take any notice of me, i mean well, and sometimes come across as annoying.

just tell me to go away

Those spammers try really hard. The moderators here do a darn good job chopping through the stacks of rubbish that is attempted to be dumped here.