Images

Default Photographer not a Terrorist demo...

Just wondering if anyone from this side of the forum has gone to the demo? Or any WDC staff?
    It was really worthwhile even though I only had 2 hours for it (ended up being 1.5h).

Hi Luis,

Both Mat Gallagher (Dep. Ed) and myself went along. You can see some of our pics in the http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/new...ar-square.html. I was only there from 12 till 1 but it seemed to be very well attended. I was pleased with the turn-out. Not sure it will make much difference though.

What did you think?

Did you read about the pair from Toonatic (kids TV show) who got the police anti-terror treatment for running around in flak jackets with plastic walkie talkies and holding spangly hairdryers like guns. Despite the fact they were beng followed around by a TV crew.

Common sense doesn't seem to be a entry requirement to join the police these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post

Not sure it will make much difference though.
    I'm sure it would have made a difference if nobody had turned up. I think we have to let the police and public know that enough is enough. Demonstrations like this provide a safe and relatively controlled way of expressing our upset. The alternatives are far too antagonistic and confrontational.

And BTW, I know the turnout did raise a few eyebrows in various control rooms and living rooms.