Images

Default The lack of folks joining and remaining with the site.

Over the last year it has been noticeable that a few of the regulars have dropped off the radar, and that newer members are taking part and then disappearing. Of course there is a greater choice of sites these days, which may account for it in part, do any other contributors have thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Over the last year it has been noticeable that a few of the regulars have dropped off the radar, and that newer members are taking part and then disappearing. Of course there is a greater choice of sites these days, which may account for it in part, do any other contributors have thoughts on this.
    I am getting more hesitant at answering questions because there are so few others that I feel that i'm dominating the place. It is a pity that it isn't more active and I'm at a loss as to why not, considering the massive traffic that other places like dpreview, for instance, enjoys.

And what is it with the massive percentage of phoney first posts that I've recently noted? Is this something new or has it always been so? Is it being done by someone official in the hope of livening things up a bit? What possible motive do these people, or this person have.

Images

Thanks Huw. Totally echo your misgivings. Sister site also has dropped off a little, but still seems to have a steady flow of new posters, who must be a little disappointed when there excellent images are ignored whilst a small number of contributors get there ego's stroked immediately on posting.

Images

Like Huw, I very seldom reply to posts anymore, mainly because I feel they are wind ups, either somebody taking photos of dog food or tripods with vr.I'm a member of a few sites ( including A.P.) and have to say this is by far the slowest moving of them all. Anyone any thoughts on merging this site with it's sister?

Images

Thats not a bad idea Graham it would seem both camps are working out of the same office. This would seem to be a practical solution that is to the benefit of the principles. AP Site is far more active at the moment, I made one post on the forum and the ball started again very quickly, just this morning. Now where is Gary when we need him.?

Images

Last I heard of Gary he was moving to photo.net