Default Would you buy a Display Model Camera?

I see that currys are selling of G5 Compact System Camera. Wondering wether to buy display model?

Images

are you getting a discount?

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    are you getting a discount?
    its 150 now wish I known selling off paid 220 brand new for it

Quote Originally Posted by claireb View Post
    its 150 now wish I known selling off paid 220 brand new for it
    It could have been on display for up to two years. There's not quite enough discount there to tempt me, although from the shop's point of view they have probably pitched it about right if it tempts customers to buy it for the saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Williams View Post
    It could have been on display for up to two years. There's not quite enough discount there to tempt me, although from the shop's point of view they have probably pitched it about right if it tempts customers to buy it for the saving.
    I am going view it shortly if could let know what look for as this all new me moving up from compact. Be gladly appreciated Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claireb View Post
    I am going view it shortly if could let know what look for as this all new me moving up from compact. Be gladly appreciated Thanks
    I buying a display model, make sure that the full warranty is valid from the day you buy it and try to negotiate a free two year extension full warranty.
    Battery will be a concern, because it will have been charged and probably fully discharged many times. It will have been held and fiddled with multiple times a day, but its shutter count could be quite low. If its screen was free to articulate, there may have been wear and stress in that area.

It is one superb camera for 150 if that includes the kit zoom lens. It might well be a fantastic bargain to you. Make your mind up quickly or you will miss it.

Thanks for advice. I waited til staff member with knowledge cameras came in. He cleaned lens with lens pen and used cloth on screen that was main think noticed.

I went ahead and bought with stuff start me off bag, filter and memory card 183 all together. I got 2 year guarantee only offering 3 years with them for 35

Let fun begin and thanks!