Default Dslr Camera buying advice ?

I am looking to buy a new dslr camera i have about 400 which i guess is $800 I do not like canon. What camera would you recommend and why?

Nikon D3300. Falls within budget if you count the cashback and gives superb value for money for a superb DSLR. It is a very popular range of cameras and there is plenty of room for you to grow the system at reasonable cost. It is difficult to imagine a better new DSLR for the money and very few indeed that are capable of better images at less than twice the price. It will also retain its value well if looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Williams View Post
    Nikon D3300. Falls within budget if you count the cashback and gives superb value for money for a superb DSLR. It is a very popular range of cameras and there is plenty of room for you to grow the system at reasonable cost. It is difficult to imagine a better new DSLR for the money and very few indeed that are capable of better images at less than twice the price. It will also retain its value well if looked after.
    I got similiar budget of 400 - 500 max. I decided to go for DSLR instead of CSC now because lens choice. Thinking Canon 100d or Nikon D3300 or would be best paying extra for swivel screen is really worth having?

Only ever want 2 lenses that's all I can afford.

Some people love swivel screens and others detest them. I had one on my D5000 and thought in awkward areas it would be good for macro photos, In actual fact I only used it about twice at most