Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hi Tommy & Mike, Still the South American's for me, with Brazil topping my list, I also fancy Uruguay to beat Italy on Tuesday. Argentina were lucky to defeat Iran, however, with Messi in the team they only need one moment of magic, and didn't he deliver. Yes Mike, I agree with you England were poor, they left their best defenders John Terry and Ashley Cole at home and in my opinion put to much faith in Rooney. Worse England World Cup performance since 1958 and the manager gets to keep his job.
    Many Thanks for your posts
    Gary

Images

Hi Gary & Mike, you were both right about England. Our defenders didn't defend,couldn"t mark a player and it shows we need two new central defenders. Watched Germany & Ghana last night, what a fantastic second half,shame about the final score though.Like I said earlier Gary don"t write off the Germans.Still fancy Argentina and my surprise team Belgium...Best Regards tommyt.

Yes i agree about the Germany vs Ghana match, i just watched it and its the best match so far i my opinion. Sorry about my abrupt comment recently, i was disappointed that the thread was not getting more interest. I also had some bad news at the doctors on Friday.
    All The Best
    Gary

My wife has Algeria in her works sweep and my daughter has Russia in hers. So will they watch the shootout between these 2 teams on Thursday, to see who goes into the last sixteen.

Images

Got to fancy Algeria in that one, my wife fancies Holland though she does speak double dutch!! Felt sorry for the Yanks after a great display against Portugal. It just goes to show that you cant switch off for a second or you get punished, as England did. Regards.tommyt.

Like the double dutch joke. Germany vs USA well its basically the Germans vs the Germans, with USA having a German Manager and six German players with USA passports. So i say a draw and both to go through.

Images

My money is on Holland, they look very determined ......Can't say I'm impressed with Suarez after this latest biting fiasco .....he definately needs a check up from the neck up......Liverpool need to sell him while he's still worth anything.....he's becoming a laibility!

Uruguay through, Suarez out, what an idiot.

Images

Seems back biting is out an shoulder biting is in. Turned off the football, amd changed my attentions to Wimbledon, I find myself shouting at the telly less.

Well the group stages are over and its down to the KOs. I've gone for Brazil, however, I still fancy Argentina, Tommy also likes Argentina and thinks Belgium may surprise us, Mike's had a quid on Chile and Alf's money is on Holland.
    All The Best
    Gary