Images

Default Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens with vibration reduction.

I have given up on my aspiration to own the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 to much money for the use I would get. So now I am on the brink of purchasing the Sigma Lens, all I have read is good so far, I just want the final push from some one who is using one to make me move, any one out there got one.

Images

Sorry Mike, never used this lens ,but from what I've read It looks a good buy

Images

Thanks Graham so far nothing bad has shown in my research. There are plenty on ebay so I will monitor prices used.

Images

I have tried the canon version nice lens. only problem i had with it was it was very heavy i ended up getting the canon 70-200L f4is and it was only one stop different it dint bother me for what i use for and it goes round the world with me i don't think i would say that for the 70-200

Images

Thanks Wave, the weight regularly came up in the cons column on most reviews, yet by whatever manufacturer they have become a wedding photographers favourite....Mike.

Images

Watching on ebay has shown the demand for these lenses I dropped out of on auction when it got to 620 second hand, thats close to the new price if you take the VAT off then there was 20.00 postage to pay. Will try one more bid then its a new one for me.

Images

Local shop gave me the opportunity to try side by side Nikon and Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lenses, the quality was obvious in the Nikon build. But come the time to download the images from each to my laptop I wasn't able to differentiate between the quality from each lens. As I am not a camera reviewer no target sheets were used just in shop and street photographs, the result of my trials I have bought the Sigma. The descision made purely on price, the money saved will pay for a nice holiday.

Images

Congrats on your new lens Mike

Images

Congrats on lens

Images

My thanks to Graham and Wave for their congratulations. Still very pleased with my purchase, but I am feeling the weight whilst walking around ( why didn't Sigma put a hand grip on the tripod foot. ) The weight problem is small, and to overcome it I have ordered a holster bag wich will take the camera with grip, and the 70-200 with hood reversed. We have booked a holiday on the coast in North Yorkshire next month, the bag will allow me to have free hands for icecream and such.