Images

Default Lens advice please.

Hi to all members. Hope your all well. Looking to buy a 300mm lens and was wondering if any of you good folks have one or have used one in the past. My main camera is the D7100 and thinking of buying a sigma 300mm 2.8.
    If any of you have any thoughts please I would be most grateful..
    Thank you Bobby.

Hi Bobby,
    I just bought a Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED from Amazon (Warehouse Deal 278 pounds) and i'm very pleased with it. You can still get one on Amazon if you wish, the best price is Amazon Warehouse Deals 272 pounds. I use mine on a Nikon D7000 so the 300mm end extends to 450mm because of the crop factor of the camera's sensor, the same would apply to your D7100. On my Nikon D600 because its a full frame sensor the 300mm would not increase. I'm not a fan of third party lens's and always stick with Nikon.
    All The Best
    Gary
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 30-04-14 at 11:44 PM.

Hi Bobby,
    I took this shot with it http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/gal...p?i=34941&c=63
    All The Best
    Gary

Images

Hi Gary. Thanks for the info. Will have a look on amazon over the weekend. I have just dug my 135/400mm sigma out and weather permitting will give it full monty over the weekend. I must admit been looking at the 2.8 300mm lenses and the Nikon seems far better plus I have the converters for the Nikon. The bird photos Ive uploaded are with 70-200mm 2.8 and I'm pleased with the resaults just want to get that little bit closer. Thanks again for your time in replying Gary. Keep your great photos coming.
    Bobby.

Hi Bobby, glad to be of help.
    All The Best
    Gary

Images

just looked up the sigma 300 prime at it looks a really good lens... Graham