Default Novice Upgrading

Good Afternoon,

I am new to this forum and photography in general. I am interested in upgrading my current camera and getting a little deeper into it.

My current camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W370 14.1MP Compact Camera and I would like to upgrade to a CSC/Bridge Camera and I am looking to buy second hand to start with. I have made some choices in camera and would like some advice on which is the better product please, image quality is important as I like to take scenic pictures.

I am open to any kind of criticism on camera choice no matter how brutal, my choices are as follows.

Panasonic Lumix GF6
    Panasonic Lumix G6
    Panasonic Lumix GX7
    Sony NEX-6

Any help with my question would be much appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLaw Pics View Post
    Good Afternoon,

I am new to this forum and photography in general. I am interested in upgrading my current camera and getting a little deeper into it.

My current camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W370 14.1MP Compact Camera and I would like to upgrade to a CSC/Bridge Camera and I am looking to buy second hand to start with. I have made some choices in camera and would like some advice on which is the better product please, image quality is important as I like to take scenic pictures.

I am open to any kind of criticism on camera choice no matter how brutal, my choices are as follows.

Panasonic Lumix GF6
    Panasonic Lumix G6
    Panasonic Lumix GX7
    Sony NEX-6

Any help with my question would be much appreciated, thank you.
    They are all very good. The three Panasonic are in their pecking order. The first does not have a viewfinder. The second is a very ergonomic slr-style body and the third is very expensive. The Sony is of the same style at GX7 but is a bit less well specified but has a bigger sensor requiring bigger lenses.

An answer to a question requires that a question is asked. You probably want to know which to buy? Only you can really answer that within the constraints of buying an used model. Apart from the NEX6, these models have barely been available for 12 months. They are all capable of producing stunning images with the right person holding them.
    I have a couple of G6 models myself, among others, and I really rate the model. The GF6 is more compact and more in the style of a point-and-shoot, while the GX7 is a very well specified high-end rangefinder-style camera.
    I like and own a Sony camera as well, but it is not an NEX model.

Anything more specific and don't hesitate to ask. I only have experience with the G6 out of those but perhaps someone will have experience with the others.