Hybrid View

Images

Default The new look magazine

What on earth is going on ?????......pages & pages of reviews !!......they're all old news, & taking up about 65% of the magazine, with maybe 20% new stuff, plus the ads !!!!

The old Camera Listings have been dropped, which were ideal as a reference......but all we're reading now is repeats......it's like reading last weeks newspapers, all old stuff !!

If this is the new look & is to continue I for one will NOT be renewing my subscription !!!

The old magazine was always the best on the shelves, the new one is now the worst !!......sorry, not for me !!!!!!

Images

I have to concur with the last post. The old camera and lens listings were superb, and were worth buying the magazine just for them. Aprils edition was a big disappointment, and very difficult to wade through. If this is to attract new readers you have probably failed. there is an old saying if its not broke don't fix it. You had it right!

3. Default

Thoroughly agree with the other two comments, do I really want to read trhe same 50 or so pages every month? No. Wouldn't be quite so bad if the tests for older models were brought upto date, but, I've been reading the same 7d reveiw for what, 5 years now. Looking at previous issues of the mag a considerable number of items were notated NYT, so, surely lots of scope to catch up on. May magazine was very disappointing, nothing to get excited about. I'll give June a final chance, if not bye bye What Camera, hello new publication that gives me something to read.

Strangely enough the new look magazine looks neater and more organised yet there is dearth of new camera reviews. I liked the look of the older issues were the magazine was choc full of reviews of compacts , SLR`s , lenses etc yet it looked a bit cluttered It looked quite arty in weird and wonderfull way .......

I wonder if all this is related to there being a smaller "team" in the magazine, I was shocked when I looked at the paltry editorial team listed compared to before this new look ma, either way I am also disappointed by the fewer new cameras reviewed and the group tests + features just seem so plain and boring compared to before. The magazine is in a very sad state at the moment......

Hi all,

Really sorry that you are not happy with the changes to the magazine. WDC was relaunched in response to research that most readers buy only two issues per year, when shopping for camera, and that what most people wanted was reviews and buying advice. Its also true that there is now a smaller editorial resource. We are aware that the many of regular readers are not happy with the changes, and are working to rectify this by finding a way to increase the ratio of new reviews to buyers guide section. We have already re-added the listings, by request, and more changes are being rolled out on a month by month basis, so please bear with us. In the meantime you may be interested to know about the forthcoming relaunch of Amateur Photographer, on sale 17th June, with a completely new design and some new features.

Images

Did no one look how many subsription members you had. The changes were a big poop on those regular readers, who virtualy bought the the same magazine every month now. How many of these loyal readers did you lose on renewal date. Now I will only take it off the shelf if it looks like a good read. From my perspective it wasn't a change for the better. There is a large choice of camera magazines now, I read them all and settled on WDC and AP, now i'm back to where I started wading through the lot to find a read.