Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I'm an amateur photographer. I don't know very well about choosing a camera. I love editing in photoshop though. I had Canon EOS D300 back in the day and took some normal-decent photos .After editing they became pretty good.

Now Im designing brochures etc for my new job. My manager says he hired me because of my photography portfolio while not knowing I edited all of them considerably. Now he asks me to choose a good camera under 2500$ budget (cheaper appreciated) to photograph our products for brochures and catalogue.

He even recommended Nikon D5300.

He knows about cameras he even has an old camera collection. As a photographer he is againist editting. He thinks it should kept in minimum. Well, normally as a photoshop lover I would argue with that but I don't want to get fired as soon as being hired. :/ Plus, I don't want to put photoshopped products to catalogue. It would give a bad impressions to educated eyes like having bad products which needs editting.

Can you give me few alternatives and explain why you would choose that camera?

Thank you in advance.

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum. Only reasons I can give with this camera as opposed to the D7000 or D7100, are the main selling points a built in GPS and an adjustable screen. Good luck with your new job... Graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Welcome to the forum. Only reasons I can give with this camera as opposed to the D7000 or D7100, are the main selling points a built in GPS and an adjustable screen. Good luck with your new job... Graham
    Thank you,
    I think I should worry about lenses and lights more than camera itself for product photography...

Images

get a short list and go try them out see which suits you. if i was in your shoes i would look at canon 700d or 70d the nikons already mentioned then its down to what you shoot for lenses

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gulyuksel View Post
    Thank you,
    I think I should worry about lenses and lights more than camera itself for product photography...
    There was no mention of lighting system of any kind on the post