Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GF-1 test shots

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    33

    Default GF-1 test shots

    For those who haven't seen them on the AP forum. The links below take you to shots saved as 100% quality JPEGS (except 3 & 4 which were saved at 90% to get them under Flickr's 10MB limit) with no PP done on them.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4166622...7622659400785/

    Handling wise, I found it easy to use, even at hip height looking down at the screen at a fairly acute angle.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    For those who haven't seen them on the AP forum. The links below take you to shots saved as 100% quality JPEGS (except 3 & 4 which were saved at 90% to get them under Flickr's 10MB limit) with no PP done on them.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4166622...7622659400785/

    Handling wise, I found it easy to use, even at hip height looking down at the screen at a fairly acute angle.

    And here: http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...g_Inspire.html

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
    Certainly looks like a cracking wee camera. Is there any noticable shutter lag? Motion smooth enough onscreen?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_biker View Post
    Certainly looks like a cracking wee camera. Is there any noticable shutter lag? Motion smooth enough onscreen?
    No discernable shutter lag at all Andy and motion is smooth enough for me. It also has a trick up it's sleeve in that it will simulate the chosen shutter speed if you want, so you can see how the picture will appear. Not too useful for those of us who know the rough sppeds you need to capture action, but handy enough for beginnners.

  5. #5

    Default

    Cheers Barney. I'm mostly interested in how quick it reacts to a single shot without flash that has been pre-focussed....i.e., you're holding the shutter half pressed waiting only for the right moment. Perhaps it's even faster at that than a top spec DSLR? IIRC things like rangefinders are generally faster than SLRs because they don't have a mirror to flip out the way....does the same apply to these wee digi things? (toddles off to look up websites for saddos with stats)

    Am I right in thinking the 20mm pancake goes from f/1.7 to f/16?

    At 38mm (equiv. for FF) my compact only goes from f/2.7 to f/4.3 before I have to zoom in and step back to get smaller apertures on bright days. Sometimes the lowest ISO of 50 and fastest shutter speed of 1/2000th limits me to doing that to avoid blowing the highlights....would be nice to be able to stop down a bit instead.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Dorset
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_biker View Post
    Am I right in thinking the 20mm pancake goes from f/1.7 to f/16?
    Seems to http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...trackInfo=true

    Roger

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •