Default 14 year old son's first Compact System Camera

Hello everyone. After reading the forum posts I couldn't find the advice I need so have registered to post a question to you. My son seems to have a fantastic eye for composition and light. He shoots incredibly good photos with a simple camera phone. As yet he hasn't seem keen on photoshop. I had an eye for photography but not the time. So I am keen he takes this as far he wants but wow! where to start. Al i have managed to work out is that his first steps should be on a Compact System Camera but what one? I'm not brand bias or to an extent limited by budget. It simply needs to keep him captivated. I would be grateful for your collective knowledge, experience and advice. Many thanks

Not much experiences with the compact system camera, so there is no specific advice for you. Only one sentence from me: go for a camera that allows more manual operation.

Thank you Clay

Images

i am not sure why you want to start with a csc a DSLR maybe the way to go. I would look at a nikon d3200 or canon 650d or 700d. if he is really keen then he will end up with DSLR if he went the CSC route so this way you save money.

Hi Isaac,
    Have a look at the Panasonic Lumix GM1 (579), there's a excellent review of it in the April edition of Digital Camera, which is on sale now. Here's the link for Amazon as well, I buy all my photography equipment from them and I highly recommend them http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DM...onic+lumix+gm1
    All The Best
    Gary
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 08-03-14 at 01:16 AM.

[QUOTE=wave;12448]i am not sure why you want to start with a csc a DSLR maybe the way to go. I would look at a nikon d3200 or canon 650d or 700d. if he is really keen then he will end up with DSLR if he went the CSC route so this way you save money.

I susspose that he is "extent limited by budget". Si Tillerykid's advice of Lumix GM1 is also not a good deal for Issac.

Images

Can I ask why a CSC system?

I susspose that he is "extent limited by budget". Si Tillerykid's advice of Lumix GM1 is also not a good deal for Issac.

"I'm not brand bias or to an extent limited by budget" This suggest to me that Sony, Panasonic, Nikon or Canon would be ok and he is not limited by budget. The gentleman requested info on compacts and that's what I have done.
    All The Best
    Gary