Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Williams View Post
    Look for alternatives. I bought a G6 complete with 14/140, which does everything I personally need apart from macro, for a very sweet price just before Christmas.
    Well havnt bought the G5 yet think will go get soon tho as good deal and just one lens with be enough while figure out camera as alot to take in. Also need purchase a bag, filter protecter for the lens.

It's new world for me. Got 400/500 to spend max.

There are currently very few special offers or seasonal incentives to buy cameras. This might be due to the imminent arrival of the Summer season and possibly a greater demand for cameras.
    The G5 is undoubtedly a good camera and seems to be easier to find than the newer G6 in shops at the moment. I'm sure you will be very happy with one.

There are currently very few special offers or seasonal incentives to buy cameras. This might be due to the imminent arrival of the Summer season and possibly a greater demand for cameras.
    The G5 is undoubtedly a good camera and seems to be easier to find than the newer G6 in shops at the moment. I'm sure you will be very happy with one.
    Thanks for replying again. Would you buy now or wait til easter etc?

Quote Originally Posted by claireb View Post
    Thanks for replying again. Would you buy now or wait til easter etc?
    Really not sure. All I know is that I paid a bit less for my G6 than what the G5 costs today and that was just before Christmas. Not sure how 'they' did it, but the offer was repeated several times and was genuine and even now sounds too good to be true.
    With patience and by being observant and quick you will find good deals every now and again.

Really? That hell of a deal a bargain with added feature of wifi. Were did buy from dont mind me asking? Need look into lens filter protection too

Really not sure. All I know is that I paid a bit less for my G6 than what the G5 costs today and that was just before Christmas. Not sure how 'they' did it, but the offer was repeated several times and was genuine and even now sounds too good to be true.
    With patience and by being observant and quick you will find good deals every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by claireb View Post
    Really? That hell of a deal a bargain with added feature of wifi. Were did buy from dont mind me asking? Need look into lens filter protection too
    The deal was from Amazon.co.uk during what they called 'lightening deals' running up to Christmas. This particular deal had quite a following after the first time and very many people sprang into action to grab a bargain.
    It has not been repeated this year and the current price is known to you in all probability.

Cool deal great spot I wasnt looking at deals then as moving house before xmas. Was a crazy time!

The deal was from Amazon.co.uk during what they called 'lightening deals' running up to Christmas. This particular deal had quite a following after the first time and very many people sprang into action to grab a bargain.
    It has not been repeated this year and the current price is known to you in all probability.

Just one last question regarding the G5.

Is the viewfinder good on these cameras? I been told one type of viewfinder has loads dots. Think someone I know tho is refering to his Panasonic Bridge camera.

Been waiting for a twin lens deal. Looks like go with just the one lens. I was told when was in Newcastle Olympus lens are Compatible with the Panasonic Lumix CSC Cameras. Not sure if go well tho something to consider.