Thread: Which camera?

Default Which camera?

Hello everyone

I would be grateful for some help. I have a Canon IXUS 50 5 megapixel camera. Having had a baby I have realised it is time to upgrade to a new camera. However, it appears to be a bit of a minefield out there. My main concern is image quality and noise, especially in low light without flash, as I do not like the effect the flash has. I have found four cameras that all have positive reviews and are in my budget - 300 to 400, but I cannot tell which has the best image quality. If somebody can advise I can then start looking at other criteria such has useablity, portability etc. If one of the cameras blows the others away with its low light image quality then it is a no contest. The cameras are:

Sony Cybershot rx100

Samsung NX300

Canon Eos 100d

Fujifilm HS50 exr

Other suggestions welcome

Many thanks

James

Images

Hi first the reason you don't like flash is because of the way it is used. Direct flash is hard light so go get a good light you need to use it diffused or bounced off of a wall or ceiling. For that you need an external flash and that's the type of camera I would look for. Low light means high I so and slow shutter speed so grainy shots and camera shake. Hope this helps

I prefer Fuji and Sony camera among them. Forget Samsung NX300. Don't sure about the quality of 100D.