Default Advice on Elements 9

I have Elements 9 and it works a treat, but. recently I've been watching the National News and I find that the images from the News is being shown in Elements 9. Elements 9 is not even selected when I am looking at the News. Can anyone explain this please and what can be done to stop this. Thanks.

Primocane

Images

you must have the file format of the picture being shown set a s default. what os are you using

Thanks for your reply but please excuse my ignorance but what is os I'm only a learner. It only happens in Organiser never in Edit and it's not just one image it's a whole lot. I have only one file in Organiser but that is O.K. so far.Thanks again. Primocane

Images

what operating system

Thanks again Wave. My operating system is Windows Seven.

Images

windows associate files with programs i.e. a jpg will open in elements a docx will open in word. now you have to find the file formats thats associated with elements and see why its opening you can disassociated files

Thanks wave, I'll get on to that as soon as possible and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help its very much appreciated.
    Primocane