Default Pentax k5 or K5ii v Nikon7000 or 7100

I am looking to buy my first dslr, but want to get something more advanced than entry level. I am considering the cameras above and need advice. First pentax or nikon? Second, is it worth paying the extra for newer model or using saved money for better lens?

I'm a sucker for the title man because he tries harder. I've always fancied a K5IIs but I will never actually own one because I'm happy with what I've got and current models will be obsolete by the time I'm in the market for a big bodied camera again.

Images

Get yourself to a camera shop, and see how they feel. Try a Canon 70D (and possibly 60D) as well. The spec and performance differences will probably be smaller than the handing differences - how it feels, if the controls seem logical, if the menu structure makes sense. Choose based mainly on those items, because they are what matters when using the camera. You may well find that the one that suits you most is not the one that tests or specs were pointing you to, but it will be the one that gets you the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1998 View Post
    I am looking to buy my first dslr, but want to get something more advanced than entry level. I am considering the cameras above and need advice. First pentax or nikon? Second, is it worth paying the extra for newer model or using saved money for better lens?
    1. All of them are good choices for beginner. I'd like to recommend D7100 if you are not short in money. BTW, the D7000 has the best cost performances.
    2, Needn't to buy a great lens as a begin. You will know what lens you need after you handle the kit lens (recommend 18-55)

Images

Its already been said its time to go and try them out see how they feel, if they feel right then thats a long way to being right. don't settle for i will get used to it