Default Help! Need a camera to take shots of highly polished items

Help, hope this forum helps me out!
    I'm after a camera that will take great photos of polished parts they are anything from 2inch - 12inch long.

I don't want to spend a fortune I want something simple fool proof if possible! I'm after as much help as possible I dont want to buy a hundred camera if I have to spend more I will, it needs to do the job, as my previous camera got thrown away with the xmas paper I need one now!!

All the best Mark

Images

i think what you need to do is look at the way you shoot the objects then you could beta away with a compact camera

The light is more important than the camera. Unless you want to print 6ft posters, an iPhone 5s would be an excellent camera for the job.

If you need arty images with a narrow depth of field and lots of bokeh, consider a Fuji 100 or 100s as high end options. Cost is relative, so I'm not sure what you consider to be a 'forune'. Neither of my options is cheap. If you want cheaper there are legions of point and shoots with 12 to 16 megapixel short zoom lenses available around 100 and interchangeable lens system cameras around 300 at your local camera shop or Currys.
    Last edited by Huw Williams; 03-02-14 at 07:58 AM.