Default camera for fishing

i am after a decent camera for taking close ups for those big fish captures so a wide angle lens would be good, any help would be gratefull

Images

hi and welcome whats your photography knowledge it will help to know and a budget

im not a novice but relatively new, i have a cannon powershot sx50 which is great but not ideal for my fishing.. i was thinking of a slr with a tamron sp 10 20 lens???

a budget of around 550, 600

It depends on the size of the fish and whether you want to capture them under water.

I'm only a carp fisherman so nothing huge and no underwater footage will need to be taken

Quote Originally Posted by royclarey View Post
    I'm only a carp fisherman so nothing huge and no underwater footage will need to be taken
    What a pity. I thought this would be ideal, having an ultra wide lens, good zoom, 5x zoom and the ability to be dunked. Presenting the TG-850

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/new...gh-tg-850.html

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/olympus_tg_850/

Other brands and models are available.
    Last edited by Huw Williams; 31-01-14 at 07:54 PM.

As for cheap compact camera my samsung wb700 at around 60 would be great at taking picture of the fish you catch. but hay you have a healthy budget. All the best.

Images

Roy I'm still using my old Panasonic DMC-FZ20 for my fish capture pictures, it does the job, and I have no qualms about it going in the water should I be careless. Look through the second hand adds for a good cheap camera....Mike.