Default camera advice with specifc featurs

Hi
    Im looking to spend as close to $1,500 or under on a solid DSLR camera that can take great photos and will also perform well as a video camera for shooting landscape as well as people interactiion with eachother.*I'm looking for a camera that has a good lens included with the camera,*It should include 60fps as progressive for slo mo post editing. Also timelapse i want to acieve.Another question i have is regarding the aparture. In most dslr specs i see it says f/3.4 to f/5.6 but i read a lot from people about them using a stopped down all the way down to f/22??? Is this some special feature or a very high end camera/lens??
    Br HRB

Images

Hi and welcome I would try and get a short list and then go try them out see how they perform for you.
    As for the aperture question i think what you have seen is something like 18-55 f3.5 to f.5.6 this means that at the 18 end of the zoom the widest aperture is 3.5 and at the 55 end then it goes to 5.6. most lenses will shut down to f22

Ok so when i see on the nikon D7000 it says that a standard lens with 18-55mm and as you mentioned the aparture with 3.5 to 5.6 how can i tell if it can go down to f22?

Images

you would have to look at the specs for that lens

Images

The nikon 18 55 kit lens will go down to f22
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hrohibil View Post
    Hi
    Im looking to spend as close to $1,500 or under on a solid DSLR camera that can take great photos and will also perform well as a video camera for shooting landscape as well as people interactiion with eachother.*I'm looking for a camera that has a good lens included with the camera,*It should include 60fps as progressive for slo mo post editing. Also timelapse i want to acieve.Another question i have is regarding the aparture. In most dslr specs i see it says f/3.4 to f/5.6 but i read a lot from people about them using a stopped down all the way down to f/22??? Is this some special feature or a very high end camera/lens??
    Br HRB
    Not strictly a DSLR but a DSLR style camera, the Panasonic GH3. Otherwise save a packet and consider the Panasonic G6 with 14/140 zoom lens. The Sony range is also great at video and the A65 or A77 are excellent value currently.
    I think your best bet for time-lapse and other features is with the Panasonic pair unless you believe that bigger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by hrohibil View Post
    Hi
    Br HRB
    Hi, I have written a review of the Nikon D7100 camera which falls within the price range you are looking for. I am a great Nikon fan but there is also a video review made by somebody else on the site so you will get an unbiased opinion. It has details of lenses and accessories as well. You can find it by visiting : [Content removed]

I hope this helps and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know. Good shooting for the future!
    Last edited by TheFatControlleR; 31-01-14 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Remove URL