Default what camera to buy?

hello

have a few requirements of a new camera. can anyone point me in the direction of something which fits this bill -

* under 100 pounds
    * medium to large screen
    * high optical zoom
    * timed exposure (ie exposure for a minute or whatever to take photos of stars)
    * lithium battery
    * instant shutter realease (camera i'm currently using has a second delay between pushing button and shutter opening which allows for hand movement / blur.)

if there are any other necessary qualities for a basic functioning camera i'd be glad to hear them. models which fit the bill appreciated.

Images

Hi and welcome don't want to start on a negative note but cameras under 100 will have shutter lag if you want to get rid of that then you will have to up your budget

Images

I don't think you will get a camera with your specs, unless you get one second hand

thanks for replies. what are the cheapest new cameras to fit tis spec. with a couple or 3 suggestions i cd look for 2nd hand items.

Images

try looking at a canon sx40 it should do all you want

try looking at a canon sx40 it should do all you want
    that comes in at 260 quid new / 175 second hand

can anyone come up with another option where a second hand model of something or other comes in at under 100 quid? so new wd maybe be 200 quid....