Thread: Camera Advice

Default Camera Advice

Hi guys

am thinking of buying my first DSLR, I've had nikons previously so am considering a nikon. I'd like to be taking landscape shots, as I like mountaineering and get out when I can, any advice on models? I'm been considering a 3200 but the more I read into it I'm thinking maybe a 7100

any advice would be great, also lenses choice I'm struggling with also

cheers

Darren

I have the 7100 and have to say it's the best camera I've owned. There is at present a 100 cash refund on it, I think it ends soon though

You could also look at the D5300 it has a built in GPS it may be helpful for your mountaineering

Hi Everyone, so it's been a while and I've been reading up on allot and the more I read the more I'm confused

I've read or should I discovered now about FX and DX format which throws the cat amongst the pigeons - and the issue with cropping of images using DX format;

Anyone have any opinions on whether to go FX or DX?

Darren - That depends on how much you can compromise on the quality of the image, low light performance, viewfinder and dynamic range being with DX. If you some extra money go for FX and I bet you wont regret it. Nikon does have consumer level FX models that can fit your budget. I was particularly interested in the latest D750 from them.