Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Hi everyone, another newbie here.

I hope someone can help me. I have a Samsung compact model S630....I really need it just to record images of the jewellery I make, to show on Etsy.....
    I have a problem. It doesn't seem to matter what type of batteries I put in there, it either tells me 'low battery' or will take about 5 shots then say again 'low battery' .
    I have tried several types of batteries, & yes Lithium, but it still has this problem, it's very frustrating. I'm not very technically minded, I'm afraid....anyone got any ideas for me, please?

Happy New Year to all...
    Sylvia

Hi, welcome to the forum. You could try resetting the camera, menu-settings- reset, and looking at battery compartment including the terminals to see if they are clogged up. I have to say though I think it might be new camera time. Good luck... Graham

Images

From one newbie to another, WELCOME!!!

Images

hi this camera is quite old and may just be at the end of its life. what i would don is clean the battery contacts and if that fails you could look at trying some sanyo envelop batteries

Hi, Graham thanks for the tips, I will do this ASAP.....It's only 2 years old, & hardly used, (in the scheme of other people's camera use)....Loved your Quote.....
    Many thanks
    Sylvia

Hi, other newbie! Sorry, I hit some weird keys that took me on a wonderful ride around my computer....not....lol
    Thanks for the welcome,
    Happy New Year
    Sylvia
    Last edited by SlimSylv; 12-01-14 at 05:22 AM.

Hi, Wave...I believe the camera is only about 2 years old, well, maybe 3, but has hardly been used, I always take the batteries out when I've finished using it, & It's only been used outside the house about 3 times....It developed this problem about 15 months after I received it as a gift....I will try the clean the terminals thingy, then maybe I can source a cheapie one with a li-lon battery....although all my research tells me that the price of cheapie cameras has risen quite a bit, so I might just have to wait until I get one as a gift..sigh....thanks for the tips, I really appreciate all the lovely replies I have received...Happy New Year to you all...
    Sylvia

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSylv View Post
    Hi, Wave...I believe the camera is only about 2 years old, well, maybe 3, but has hardly been used, I always take the batteries out when I've finished using it, & It's only been used outside the house about 3 times....It developed this problem about 15 months after I received it as a gift....I will try the clean the terminals thingy, then maybe I can source a cheapie one with a li-lon battery....although all my research tells me that the price of cheapie cameras has risen quite a bit, so I might just have to wait until I get one as a gift..sigh....thanks for the tips, I really appreciate all the lovely replies I have received...Happy New Year to you all...
    Sylvia
    The S630 was launched 7 years ago - http://www.dpreview.com/news/2007/01/07/samsungs630s730, so if you've only had yours 2 or 3 years, it must've been sitting around somewhere for a very long time indeed first, given what a short on-sale life compact cameras have.

Hi, thanks for the info, I am reliably informed by my partner that it was 5 years ago, bought from Bing Lee @ Haymarket, Sydney store! (Xmas gift) Just shows what happens to one's memory the older one gets....So if that info was correct, then it must have been as you suggested. Not a good seller & sitting around for a couple of years......I'm not a big fan of Samsung, (except for my new-ish mobile phone), having several of their products fail on me in the past....so looks like new camera time for me....do you agree that I should get one with a li-lon battery? As I am a pensioner, I can't afford an expensive one....any suggestions would help a lot.

Thanks for your time
    Sylvia

Images

Cheap option here is to try some new rechargeable batteries