Default Bridge camera????

Hi all, newbie to the forum and photography. Could you please help me in selecting a bridge camera in the 250-300 range, cheers

Images

what do you want to take shots of

Family stuff in the main, nothing to adventurous yet,but having the option to expand would be nice

You buy a bridge camera and that is it, the only expanding you can do is in your skill at using it to get the best image out of it.
    As for model or brand, have a look at the buying guides on this and similar sites, which illustrate your potential choices far better than anyone on the forum is likely to.

Thanks

After years of using both Nikon & Canon DSLRs I bought a Fujifilm X-S1 just over 2 years ago at list - around 600. Amazon now have this on offer for around 300. Just bought a 'used' from Amazon for 170 as a back up - never been unwrapped - seals still intact - had even to set the date/time. An excellent camera - has to be the deal of the decade (the 24-624mm Fujinon lens by itself has to be worth the old list price let alone the discounted price) and as its from Amazon if you dont like you can return within 14 days - but I'm keeping mine! Colour and detail from this camera are unbelievable. Over the last few years I have used a number of bridgers and this beats every one!

Thanks , that's a great help

If you need to see images I think I have some on 'Flickr' under 'steevytee' although I haven't contributed since they changed the format around 2 years ago. I thought that my X-S1 images were great then but Fuji have just changed my 'soft' lens under warranty (yes after over 2 years!) as I complained to them that the later X-S1 was sharper. Difference is noticeable with even more detail. Pleased to be able to help - read the Amazon user reviews for more info. I set the X-S1 to M size, fine jpeg, DR 400% in A priority at 100 ISO to get best results. At L size its just an average bridger but M size doubles up the pixels (twice the light gathering area) to give better colour and dynamic range without noticeable loss of detail.

This is more than helpful, thanks a lot