Default Upgrading & Simplifying my DSLR and compact. Please help

I am thinking of upgrading my cameras. I currently have an Olympus XZ-1 as my compact camera, Leica V-Lux 20 and Canon EOS 450 D. I love the vintage style cameras but not too bulky (olympus one is bulky enough) but need better megapixels and possible zoom, I also love the different scene modes that the olympus has eg dramatic etc and don't want to lose out on that.

What would you recommend as upgrades (budget isnt issue) which would fulfill my needs? I took some photography classes a few years back but have gotten to the phase where things are a bit too rushed to focus on manual settings. How would Olympus OM-D EM1 compare as replacement for the Eos and what would you recommend for the compact?

I tried contacting some camera shops but they are too limited with brands or were bit biased towards certain brands. I'm also not that up to date with brands such as Samsung or panasonic with regards to cameras and don't want to have to upgrade each year just to keep my technology up to date 0 if possible.

Thank you all, any advice is welcome.

Images

hi and welcome my first thoughts are the ply might be the only camera you need coupled with the right lenses

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    hi and welcome my first thoughts are the ply might be the only camera you need coupled with the right lenses
    thank you Wave. Were you referring to the olympus? I went to another camera place again today and the guy basically said I should go with one system and build up from there (lens and equipment wise) but I'm not sure. He said the Sony RX10 would work for that? Would that be answer though as it seems as just a replacement for DSLR? He also compared the Samsung NX300 along with the Sony. His comments regarding was that he doesn't know how long the brand will last as its had some turbulent times with having to be bailed out financially.

Know this probably isnt the usual 'what camera is more adjustable with regards to aperture etc' but guess this is the opposite where I love photography but so unsure of all the manual stuff that I try to catch it as close to as my eyes observe it with a possible flair filter added. This would be my ultimate - and definitely a compact with more than 10MP!

:-)

Images

hi yes it is the olympus om-d i would go with just for size and usability