Default Canon Lense upgrade??

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the forum and hope someone can help?

I currently use a Canon 60d and love it. I have a standard kit lense at the moment 18 - 135mm. I am looking to upgrade this with my budget between 200 - 400. Ive seen the 18 - 200mm lens and also the 55 - 250mm lens.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Steven

Images

The 18-135 is actually a fairly decent lens - certainly a lot better than the 18-200, which really isn't that marvellous. If you want an additional lens with more reach, the 55-250 is an excellent choice; the newest STM version is supposed to be even better than the previous version, which is already pretty decent. If you're wanting improved optical quality, the 15-85 is a really nice lens, and the STM version of the 18-135 is also supposed to be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by NRoberts View Post
    The 18-135 is actually a fairly decent lens - certainly a lot better than the 18-200, which really isn't that marvellous. If you want an additional lens with more reach, the 55-250 is an excellent choice; the newest STM version is supposed to be even better than the previous version, which is already pretty decent. If you're wanting improved optical quality, the 15-85 is a really nice lens, and the STM version of the 18-135 is also supposed to be a cracker.
    Thanks for your reply. What is the main difference between my 18 - 135mm kit lens and the STM version?

Ideally I want a lens that can be used as an all rounder. I realise that have a lens specific for a task will give me increased quality so guess I am trying to find a lens that offers the least drop in quality to do a whole host of shots, long and short distance.

IS this a good lens Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HS Lens for Canon AF
    Last edited by mrstevenporter; 26-12-13 at 05:03 PM.

Images

the beauty of the DSLR is you can use the right lens for the job. to be honest it depends on what quality you want the one lens does all will take a fairly decent shot but if you want quality then keep the 18-135 and get either longer zoom the 55-250 or 70- 200 or 70- 300. depends on what you shoot