Thread: Publication ?

Images

Default Publication ?

I have noted with interest that above the Gallery section there is printed a most encouraging sentence: "Upload an image and be consdered for publication in our magazines" Now I may have this wrong, but despite there being some excellent images posted on this site, I don't remember seeing any published in the magazine, or certainly not for a very long time.? Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Images

Hi Alf I think you have to specifically register your photos as available for publishing, probably something to do with copy write.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfoto View Post
    I have noted with interest that above the Gallery section there is printed a most encouraging sentence: "Upload an image and be consdered for publication in our magazines" Now I may have this wrong, but despite there being some excellent images posted on this site, I don't remember seeing any published in the magazine, or certainly not for a very long time.? Can anyone tell me otherwise?
    Probably a sprat to catch a mackerel.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Mike ....many thanks for your input...I have checked my settings and nothing obvious seems to be there that would indicate I need to tick a box to allow publication. But it isn't just my images I'm referring to, I haven't seen anyone elses published either. .............TK.........I fear you could be right.

Images

Hi Alf earlier this year there were some lovely bird shots on the site, and almost Immediately afterwards they were in Amateur photographer not the same publication but the same company and I have seen many others. So it is what came first the images being offered for publication and then posted, or being posted and then selected I don,t know maybe one of the global moderators could explain further.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Hi Alf earlier this year there were some lovely bird shots on the site, and almost Immediately afterwards they were in Amateur photographer not the same publication but the same company and I have seen many others. So it is what came first the images being offered for publication and then posted, or being posted and then selected I don,t know maybe one of the global moderators could explain further.
    Dunno why you think we might know, it's the magazine staff you need... I do know some things that go on, but we're not party to most of it.

What I do know is that WDC, like all mags, has a facelift every now and then, and that sometimes means more readers' pics, sometimes less. I had some published after a request on the old version of this site - paid me for them, too, which was nice. I would suggest that there's little point posting pics in the expectation they will be published, but there's certainly a chance they will be from what I've seen.

Images

Thank you for your response, yes you were probably not the best choice for the information. I am greteful for your help have a great Christmas....Mike.