Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images

Merry Christmas to you and yours TK... Graham.

Images

The only use I can see for the stars is that it allows non members to look at the category, and then pull up the graded images rather than to troll through every one, that may give them a quick synopsis of what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    What I'm trying to say Mr Roberts is, "Scenario" you are the boss of WDC, I'm the tech guy, you ask me to make a change I do it. Since joining the site I have not seen any changes, if new ideas are put forward, the wheels of change seem to take ages to turn.
    All The Best
    TK
    Such is the reality of an organisation of many titles, hundreds of staff, several sites across more than one continent with centralised IT with prioritised workloads.
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alfoto View Post
    I think the fact that we have raised the issue and continue to discuss it in depth and at length is a fair indication that it does matter! To us the site users at least.
    And as another site user, I don't see it as remotely a priority - it really, really doesn't matter. Who cares if people rate their own pics? What possible difference can it make to anyone? I just don't understand the issue.

Images

What I'm trying to say Mr Roberts is, "Scenario" you are the boss of WDC, I'm the tech guy, you ask me to make a change I do it. Since joining the site I have not seen any changes, if new ideas are put forward, the wheels of change seem to take ages to turn.
    All The Best
    TK

Sorry, but that's an incredibly naive view of the way things work in multinationals. I want a change, I have to put a change request in signed off by somebody in my own hierarchy, which eventually gets considered by the IT hierarchy. Small changes are pobably the hardest of them all, not really worth doing on their own, so they only get considered as part of a package - which means they wait a while. A long while...

Absolutely ANY changes will have to go through a beaurocratic process far in excess of the time needed for the change, if my experience of other multinationals is anything to go by - and it historically seems to be fairly accurate where IPC are concerned. Thus my position is that as members, we should only ask for changes that actually matter to the usability of the site.

Well there we have it, a good discussion had by all. For those who contributed with points of view I thank you. As I started the thread I think its 50/50 in if its right or wrong from the opinions expressed. Personally I think its a bit vain to star your own work and the best way for someone like me to progress is through critiques from other members.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
    TK

Images

Personally I think its a bit vain to star your own work and the best way for someone like me to progress is through critiques from other members.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
    TK
    I couldn't agree more - I would add "sad and pathetic", TBH, but I don't see that it hurts anyone apart from those actually doing it.

I've noticed in the Galleries that some photographer's star their own work. Is this the right thing to do? what do you think?
    ATB
    TK
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm in a good mood following the news I had yesterday, it came in email form, informing me that one of my photos will appear in a top selling photography magazine. However, I'm like a dog with a bone again after noticing yet another photographer rating their own shots.
    I find this very annoying, as I don't think the system was intended to work that way. I know a few others felt the same way when I raised the issue last year, so I'm asking the site administrators once again to put a system in place where this CANNOT happen.
    I think in the sites sister site Amateur Photographer this cannot happen so please can it be the same on here.
    I rated a photograph yesterday as FIVE STARS and it thoroughly deserved it, however, the man/woman rating their own shot as 5 stars, is not in the same league. I know one mans meat is another mans poison, however, this misuse of the site should not be tolerated.
    That's My View And I Hope You Share It
    All The Best
    TK

Images

Hi TK well done with the publishing will you get a fee?. Don,t let the stars bug you its not a big deal, a great shot will always stand out, you can't make it better with added stars, and if folks are fooling themselves it is only them that are being hurt....Regards Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Hi TK well done with the publishing will you get a fee?. .
    Hi Mike,
    I wish, no I submitted the Durdle Dor shot to a photography magazine, and they contacted me yesterday asking for a high res shot and various information so it can go on file ready for publication. When I know its deffo, I'll leave more info. Don't want to get egg on my face, hope you are well.
    ATB
    TK