Hybrid View

Images

Default Should You Rate Your Own Photos

I've noticed in the Galleries that some photographer's star their own work. Is this the right thing to do? what do you think?
    ATB
    TK

Images

Hi TK ........I'm not sure that rating (high or low) is worth anything anyway unless its backed up by contructive advice or the very least a reason for liking an image. As for rating ones own images I wasn't even aware it was possible........it certainly isn't something I'd consider as being useful, and in my humble opinion renders the star ratings as virtually meaningless. Something that should be addressed and well done for bringing it to the forum to raise awareness!

Images

Hi Alf, Glad your still around, yes if you click on the "Star Rating Downward Pointing Sign" you will see "View Other Members Ratings" click on that and it will show who has rated your shot. You have to sign in to do that.
    ATB
    TK

Images

TK ....Many Thanks for the explanation I now see exactly what and who you are referring to. It would be good to get a view from the administrators too!

Images

Actually there are a few that do it, don't understand it myself. A bit vain I think.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Don't think the ratings really do anything, so not sure it matters. They're there to help the photographer - it hardly does that if people rate their own!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    I've noticed in the Galleries that some photographer's star their own work. Is this the right thing to do? what do you think?
    ATB
    TK
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm in a good mood following the news I had yesterday, it came in email form, informing me that one of my photos will appear in a top selling photography magazine. However, I'm like a dog with a bone again after noticing yet another photographer rating their own shots.
    I find this very annoying, as I don't think the system was intended to work that way. I know a few others felt the same way when I raised the issue last year, so I'm asking the site administrators once again to put a system in place where this CANNOT happen.
    I think in the sites sister site Amateur Photographer this cannot happen so please can it be the same on here.
    I rated a photograph yesterday as FIVE STARS and it thoroughly deserved it, however, the man/woman rating their own shot as 5 stars, is not in the same league. I know one mans meat is another mans poison, however, this misuse of the site should not be tolerated.
    That's My View And I Hope You Share It
    All The Best
    TK

Images

Hi TK well done with the publishing will you get a fee?. Don,t let the stars bug you its not a big deal, a great shot will always stand out, you can't make it better with added stars, and if folks are fooling themselves it is only them that are being hurt....Regards Mike.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Hi TK well done with the publishing will you get a fee?. .
    Hi Mike,
    I wish, no I submitted the Durdle Dor shot to a photography magazine, and they contacted me yesterday asking for a high res shot and various information so it can go on file ready for publication. When I know its deffo, I'll leave more info. Don't want to get egg on my face, hope you are well.
    ATB
    TK