Images

Question Canon lens compatibility

Hi Im new to the DSLR scene and am a little confused with Canon lenses. I currently have a 600D and a tele lens 55-250?? I think basicallyit is a kit lens.

I want to upgrade to an L series tele and have seen a 70-200 lens I quite fancy.Its pricey but reviews are good

My question is this will that lens work with my 600D ? I dont want to buy it and find I need a pro level camera

I really just bought the camera last xmas and love it but Im concerned Im not getting the sharpness I want at the top end of the lens.

There is something niggling me about my camera not having a full frame?? what is that
    Confused.com:

Images

hi canon lenses any ef lens will fit your camera it will also take efs lenses as you have a a crop aps-c sensor. the 55-250 isn't a bad lens can you post an example of your problem. as for full frame i don't think you will see much difference, but an L lens will make a difference

Images

Thanks for coming back so soon. I dont have a problem with the lens apart from I feel it sometimes is not as sharp as I expected it to be. Im new to DSLR but have been shooting 35mm over 30 odd years with Pentax & Olympus
    I read stuff about cropped sensors? and was confused I dont want to shell ouy 400 plus on a lens that wont necessarily give me sharper pictures. I dont want to get this lens and find later I should be on a D70 or something.

Images

All EF and EF-S lenses will fit your camera; only EF-M ones won't - they only fit the EOS M.

The 55-250 is very good for the money, but not quite in the same league as an L lens; the 70-200 f4 L is very good indeed, and will give you sharper pics BUT doesn't have IS - the IS version is pretty much twice the price.

Images

I have a 550d and use a canon 70-200Lis f4 it is really sharp i did look at the f2.8 and a sigma 70-200 all good lenses but the later 2 were heavy, so i settled on the f4 which goes every where with me.
    what i would do is go to shop and try it or rent it for a weekend and try it.
    its the best upgrade i have done

Images

Thanks for the info. I have more or less decided the 70-200 f4L is the one want I just needed the re assurance I was making a good choice. I have a box full of expensive bad choices I dont need any more LOL

Images

i have the "is" version and its great

Buy a Nikon F-mount adapter, so that you can buy Nikon Lenses. That way when you buy a decent camera your new lenses will fit.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SMA11FRY View Post
    Buy a Nikon F-mount adapter, so that you can buy Nikon Lenses. That way when you buy a decent camera your new lenses will fit.
    Only if you use that adaptor, though - otherwise, you'll be stuck with doorstops.