Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Hi,
    Photo Of The Month ~ its going well with 40 plus entries to date. My only concern is i notice that members still like to put their shots in the relevant categories which is understandable, but why not put them in both. It would help get this idea off the ground, i'm just putting my photo's this month in the competition because i want it to succeed.
    All The Best
    Gary

Images

Default Photo of the month.

I,ve entered because I want to win a new camera.

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    I,ve entered because I want to win a new camera.
    Win a new camera?
    All The Best
    Gary

Images

Just teasing my mrs said I can have a new camera if I get chosen, if I don't she can have a high value birthday present, are well off to the jewellers....Mike.

Images

The last time my Mrs pulled a stunt like this she did buy me a new camera. A Cornet 6cm.x 9cm film camera from a charity shop, and she still got a trip to the jewelers lol

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Just teasing my mrs said I can have a new camera if I get chosen, if I don't she can have a high value birthday present, are well off to the jewellers....Mike.
    In that case i hope you win.
    All The Best
    Gary

I'm very happy that this is up and running, however, i have my doubts if the way its being presented is the way to go. I still think photographers should put their images in the various categories as normal (Landscapes, Black & White, Pets Etc) then the judge's should survey these categories at the end of each month and pick their favourite.
    All the Best
    Gary

Who will win this month (March), my monies on "Watching Me By Sketcher68" what do you think.
    All The Best
    Gary

Well, if my maths is correct there are 84 entries up to now, that's a bit disappointing. Therefore, I'm off to the waterfalls at Pontneddfechan on Friday to try and bolster the numbers, its my favourite spot. Why not go to your favourite location and get that winning shot.
    All The Best
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    I'm very happy that this is up and running, however, i have my doubts if the way its being presented is the way to go. I still think photographers should put their images in the various categories as normal (Landscapes, Black & White, Pets Etc) then the judge's should survey these categories at the end of each month and pick their favourite.
    All the Best
    Gary
    Just done a quick calculation on 6 of the other categories (Nature & Wildlife, Pets, Landscapes, Black & White, Still Life etc) and in March 180 images were submitted. Therefore, if I had submitted my shots all taken in March to the appropriate sections, there would have been 192 to choose Photo Of The Month from. Others would have done the same so that would have gave the judges over 200 to choose from instead of the 84 up to now.
    All the Best
    Gary
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 27-03-14 at 12:22 AM.